INTRODUCTORY MOTORCYCLE EXPERIENCE
Total fee: $75
A two-hour first-touch experience to “try on” a motorcycle. Through a series of guided activities, this hands-on, learner-centered experience offers participants an opportunity to discover if motorcycling is right for them. Under the supervision of an MSF-certified Rider Coach, participants become familiar with the primary parts and controls of a typical motorcycle, manipulate and operate those controls, discover the risks of riding and the benefits of professional training.
The hands-on experience is usually enough for participants to consider whether or not learning to ride is for them. The IME is a perfect introduction to the joys of motorcycling and NOT intended to teach a person how to ride. There is no skill test or license waiver associated with this course.
This course is for:
- Anyone who has never ridden a motorcycle.
- Anyone who wants to see if learning to ride is right for them.
- Anyone who wants a taste of motorcycling in a low-risk environment.
- Anyone who wants extra time to prepare for the Basic Rider Course.
- Basic introduction to motorcycle operation.
- Slow, relaxed pace for maximum confidence and fun.
- Small class sizes (3:1) for more personal attention.
- Training motorcycles, helmets, and participation certificates.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation certified Rider Coaches.
Each student MUST provide and wear the following required safety gear during the experience:
- D.O.T. approved helmet (loaners available)
- Eye protection (glasses or face shield)
- Full-fingered gloves
- Long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Over-the-ankle boots (with low heels)
- Long pants (jeans with no holes or tears, sturdy material recommended)